Safer Spaces Policy
is dedicated to providing a harassment-free space for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of visitors in any form. Visitors violating these rules may be expelled from BROEIKAS at the discretion of the organizers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and religion
- Sexually demeaning images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Visitors asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a visitor engages in harassing behaviour, organizers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all visitors. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from BROEIKAS.
BROEIKAS may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting an event or making the environment hostile for any visitors.
We expect visitors to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible.
You can make a personal report by contacting a BROEIKAS organizer or sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team will be happy to help you contact local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
[E-mail address for organizers] email@example.com
[Local law enforcement] +31 900 8844
[Local sexual assault hot line] +31 900 9999001
[Local emergency and non-emergency medical] 112
[Local taxi company] +31 30 2300400
The text for this policy is adapted from: http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment